Calling all artists, creative people and curious thinkers! Check below for some of our current call outs.
Disability Consultancy for Creative Change – Artist and Producer Call Out
Are you a D/deaf, disabled or neurodivergent artist and/or producer based in the East of England? Do you work in the performing arts and are interested in an opportunity to develop new skills with a bespoke professional pathway?
A group of freelancers collectively named The Disability Consultancy For Creative Change (DC4CC) came together in 2021 with support from Arts Council England and a steering group of organisations – Metal Culture, The New Wolsey Ipswich, Colchester Arts Centre and Cambridge Junction. Their shared aim was to undertake research within their networks into the experiences of disabled artists and audiences in accessing venues. The culminating discussions can be found here.
BSL application here.
What DC4CC want to do:
Following the securing of additional funds from Arts Council England to move the project into a second stage, using learning from their research in Phase 1, they are now seeking to build a consortium of partners and artists across the East of England who will contribute to a nationally significant two year development programme for a cohort of disabled practitioners, starting in 2023.
The DC4CC (Disability Consultancy for Creative Change) is recruiting practitioners who will be paired with an East Organisation for a period of 2 months in January and February to work towards establishing a meaningful and sustainable project.
All recruited practitioners will:
- Meet with your paired organisation and the DC4CC consultants
- Work with your paired organisation throughout January and February to develop a plan for a bespoke programme for yourself or yourself and other artists/producers from 2023 onwards that will be a part of a wider nationally significant project
- Meet with a fundraiser and the other successful artists/producers and organisations with the aim to prepare a large-scale project proposal and fundraising bids for 2023 onwards.
What is on offer:
- Access provisions for each session dependant on your needs
- £1000 Fee.
- Work with a fundraising consultant to develop a large scale funding application to support the realisation of your intended project (no experience in fundraising is necessary from the artist/producer)
- Access to a network of partner organisations in the East offering resources and support in line with the identified needs
How to apply:
You can apply for this opportunity by filling in an EOI form here or you can apply by sending a video or audio file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org answering the question in the EOI form. If none of these methods of application are accessible to you, please contact email@example.com.
BSL application here.
The closing date for submission is Friday 9 December.