This notice sets out the information collected about you through the use of the Metal website and any other electronic communications networks by Metal
1. Information collected
When you use any of Metal’s websites, we may collect personal information about you when you request a specific service using online forms and every time you email us your details. We use this information to:
- contact you to respond to your queries (if you email us with a question, for example)
- provide you with services (send you an email bulletin, issue tickets, for example)
- contact you to ask you to respond to surveys
We collect information about you when you comment or create user accounts and log in to the following website services:
- Website sign in used for visitor comments
- Newsletter sign up
- Feedback survey responses
- Some third party ticket agency websites (eventbrite.com for example)
- Some third party partners (Audience Agency for example)
We collect the following information about you:
- Nearest venue
- Sensitive personal data. We may collect sensitive personal information about you including information, for example, racial or ethnic origin, age, gender. Such Sensitive Personal Data shall only be requested in our artist, audience and participant feedback surveys but is analysed anonymously and is not obligatory to provide.
We will use the information we collect:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about.
- To provide you with information about events, activities and services we feel may interest you.
- To analyse your information and carry out a segmentation. This is used to better understand our audience behaviour and, where your consent is given, to inform you of our events, activities and services we believe are of most interest to you.
- To notify you about our news and any changes to our service.
- To send you invitations to take part in feedback surveys to give your opinions about our events, activities and services
1.1 Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
1.2 Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing and/or any fundraising purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
1.3 Access to Information
The GDPR Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Cookies are pieces of data that a website can transfer to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping. Cookies can make websites easier to use by storing information about your preferences on a particular website. The information may remain on your computer after the Internet session finishes and you leave the website but you can delete them using some browsers, manually or using system utilities. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies.
2.1 Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our visitors use and navigate this website. We use this information to report to funders and to analyse usage of the website so that we can continually work to add new features and improve your experience of it.
The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to the site, which pages they visited and whereabouts they came to the site from. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
2.2 Third-party cookies
During your visits to the Metal website you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Metal does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third-party websites for more information about these.
2.3 Privacy and data protection
Metal complies with all applicable UK and EU data protection legislation in force in respect of any personal information you submit to us. The personal details you submit to us will only be used for the specified purposes indicated to you and will not be passed onto unauthorised third parties without your explicit consent. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the relevant ‘unsubscribe’ link in our newsletter emails.
3. Other websites
4. Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time Metal may change this privacy notice. You may therefore wish to check this page each time you submit personal information to Metal. The latest privacy notice will always appear on this page.
5. Contacting Metal about this privacy notice
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Metal’s website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Metal.
Metal will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither Metal nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.